Work orders clogging

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Work orders clogging

Post by Mobius1 »

I think I found a rare bug on my gameplay:
I currently have 94 LTN trains running on my network, plus 6 regular trains. I changed a few things on my network that cut a key part of the crafting process, blocking the production of everything on the factory. After that, I noticed that even with request thresholds and provide thresholds the stations were clogging up with trains with small request ammounts like 6 units of some ore multiple times clogging the parts of the factory that were still running. The stations that received those work orders were stations that had limited allowed trains on them.

Is it intended that trains will take any order available so they won't sit on the depot waiting the threshold to start the work order?
I mean, I put a threshold of 1000 units on the mass load station and 100 units on the small load station (for barrels and small deliveries like satellites), all my base-stations have this composition and before the last mod update this type of issue wasn't happening, and I didn't stop the whole factory too...

It seems to me (I'm not sure if its accurate, I might be totally wrong) that work orders are gradually generated by each tick of the circuit network on the stations, like everytime a resource drops 1un below the threshold set on the station combinator, it receives a negative (request) signal of 1un and by the time it receives the signal, there are no trains available and also the work order doesn't meet the min request criteria, so no work order is generated, but after some time with a lot of different materials (read bob plates and angel's ores) it seems that the work orders are being generated with more than what a train can carry. I only remember this happening once, it might be a bug or something, all my trains are 1-1-1 with MK3 locos and MK3 wagons, so they all run at 330Km/h carrying 80 slots of items, (LTN calls those "stacks" I believe) sometimes a work order of 90 stacks were created, often I see work orders of 80 "stacks" of merged deliveries containing barrels, plates and ores, all of different stack sizes, so the requester chests receive a signal of like 400 barrels, plus the other stacks of the other stuff, barrels were supposed to be like 2 rows for this example and the remaining slots for the other materials, but what happens is that the train is filled with barrels and wait untill it has all the other materials on the cargo before it can go deliver the items, which never happens, then that shipment gets lost on timeout so another work order of the same thing gets created clogging another loading bay of the resource base-station.
Please lemme know if I need to provide something to help you with those 2 issues.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Work orders clogging

Post by Optera »

Mobius1 wrote:Is it intended that trains will take any order available so they won't sit on the depot waiting the threshold to start the work order?
I mean, I put a threshold of 1000 units on the mass load station and 100 units on the small load station (for barrels and small deliveries like satellites), all my base-stations have this composition and before the last mod update this type of issue wasn't happening, and I didn't stop the whole factory too...
1) check your thresholds
2) set thresholds to train capacity for optimal train usage
Mobius1 wrote:sometimes a work order of 90 stacks were created, often I see work orders of 80 "stacks" of merged deliveries containing barrels, plates and ores, all of different stack sizes, so the requester chests receive a signal of like 400 barrels, plus the other stacks of the other stuff, barrels were supposed to be like 2 rows for this example and the remaining slots for the other materials, but what happens is that the train is filled with barrels and wait untill it has all the other materials on the cargo before it can go deliver the items, which never happens, then that shipment gets lost on timeout so another work order of the same thing gets created clogging another loading bay of the resource base-station.
Your configuration probably does not include locked slots and/or your stations are not properly set to cycle requested items (see design thread)

Mobius1
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mobius1 »

Optera wrote:1) check your thresholds
2) set thresholds to train capacity for optimal train usage
Requester signal is set to 1000 one one unloader station and 100 on the other unloader station, if I put them both at like 8000 (train capacity) I would have to request 8000 Sulfuric Acid barrels or their work order won't be created.
All base-stations loader stations have a provider signal of 100 and one station with a provider signal of 2. Except the ore station which deals with much larger work orders
What I understand from the signals is:
- on the provider side: "only allow a work order here if you have this much items available to load"
- on the requester side: "only ask this ammount of items, if needed, not less"
Optera wrote:Your configuration probably does not include locked slots and/or your stations are not properly set to cycle requested items (see design thread)
Yes, no locked slots
cycle requested items? What do you mean?

Here's the picture showing the signals of my stations:
train signals
And here's a bigger view of the loading/unloading part of my base-stations:
load-unload bay

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Mobius1 wrote: Yes, no locked slots
cycle requested items? What do you mean?
Use the stations I posted in design thread or the demo map to see how to cycle through filters on a stack inserter.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”