Requesting barrels and items in same station

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Requesting barrels and items in same station

Post by kingarthur »

So maybe somebody can help me figure this out.
I've been trying to have both normal items and barrels use the same stations. The issue I've run into is becuase barrels have such a small stack size I end up with stations that create requests for like 400 items meaning trains are constantly running for tiny deliveries.

My issue. How do I fool the station into believing it has say 10 times more barrels than it really has. So itll stop trying to deliver so many small orders

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Requesting barrels and items in same station

Post by xfir01 »

kingarthur wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:44 pm
How do I fool the station into believing it has say 10 times more barrels than it really has.
That sounds like a really bad idea that could very easily backfire.

I want to say a better option is to use the request/provide thresholds to ensure a proper delivery size.

Request Threshold (optional) - Missing amount of items/fluids triggering a delivery. (global default=1000)
Provide Threshold (optional) - Amount of items/fluids required to act as provider. (global default=1000)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

Ya I've been doing that and it doesn't work well since all other items use are also affected. I'm decided to just use a second off set station for barrels

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Assume LC trrains for simplicity. You can set the request limit to 4000 so you get a full train car of iron plates. And then request -4100 barrels. Whenever you have less than 100 barrels it will request 4000. But since only 400 fit in a train car that is the amount you will get. And then you are back with >100 barrels so no more trains will be requested.

Note: I assume #trains = 1. Otherwise I think you would get 400 * #trains many barrels.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:38 am
Assume LC trrains for simplicity. You can set the request limit to 4000 so you get a full train car of iron plates. And then request -4100 barrels. Whenever you have less than 100 barrels it will request 4000. But since only 400 fit in a train car that is the amount you will get. And then you are back with >100 barrels so no more trains will be requested.

Note: I assume #trains = 1. Otherwise I think you would get 400 * #trains many barrels.
ya that works great. i was clearly trying to over engineer the problem with circuits and wires. thank you

Return to “Logistic Train Network”