Provide and request with one train in a single trip?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Provide and request with one train in a single trip?

Post by leeux »

Hello, I'm fairly new to LTN, this is my first time using it on a base for real :)

Is there any way to implement a specific train route where a train goes to a station to provide items and at the same time brings back a different type of item to the original station for recycling?

Example of what I'm trying to do: red/green catalysts in Angel & Bobs, where you send catalysts to a process and at the same time pick up the used carriers to be recycled.

I would want to implement is a a single train service (i.e. one single provider station and multiple destinations requesting/providing the carriers to reuse) with 1 wagon for each of the catalysts types and 1 empty wagon to bring back the used metal frames. Would it be possible to maybe manage to do this with LTN somehow? Would there a better way of handling this, perhaps that I'm not thinking atm?

My previous A&B base was done purely on the vanilla train system and with just that it was easy to implement, with just some circuit magic... but since this time I started this new base with the purpose to give LTN a serious try I would want to try my hand at doing this with LTN if it's at all possible.

There are several processes that require multiple types of catalysts at the same time and then also need to get rid of the used frames back to reuse them, so having a single station on each process managing that saves a lot of space and train traffic... hence why I'd like to do it like this, but I'm open to suggestions/ideas too!

Best regards.

leeux
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Provide and request with one train in a single trip?

Post by leeux »

I decided to test the idea of having an unload bay at the depots where the trains wait until they are called to service, and get rid of the used carriers there... I made the depots in-place inside the block that creates the catalysts so the trains are already there when a service request is triggered, and when they come back it's really easy to unload the frames and feed them to a warehouse whom the catalyst making machine feed from.

It seems to be working and the only annoying thing so far, if it can be called like that, are the warnings of unscheduled cargo and such when the trains leave the station non-empty, that I haven't looked to see if I can get rid of somehow, but just for this service line specifically... not globally.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”