Automatic wagon slot filtering?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

buggy123
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Automatic wagon slot filtering?

Post by buggy123 »

Tl;Dr: does LTN offer a way to automatically filter wagon slots for each delivery? This would be useful, but I can't find any documentation about it.

Long version:
I recently learned that LTN can do mixed item-type trains, as well as partially filling trains.

This is handy in some cases, but also tricky - it's easy enough to get close to the correct number and ratio of items using the LTN output and circuited inserters, sure. But getting it perfectly correct requires item-perfect insertion, which is quite difficult.

You can use locked slots to handle excess, but if you're doing stuff like shipping barrels or other very low stack size items, you end up needing a *lot* of locked slots.

Vanilla has a handy feature: Filtered wagon inventory slots. With these, you can exactingly control what items a wagon can hold. And while LTN provides a way to reserve empty cargo slots in a wagon, and it provides a option to automatically remove unwanted slot filtering, I can't find a way to automatically set filters.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Automatic wagon slot filtering?

Post by Optera »

No, too complicated.
LTN can clear all filters, but to filter each wagon would require to know how you built your station.

Just use a smart station design instead: viewtopic.php?f=214&t=51073

Return to “Logistic Train Network”