Request : adding a provider specific timeout

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Puke
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Request : adding a provider specific timeout

Post by Puke »

Hello there !
Unless I missed it, it looks like there is no setting for enabling a provider specific timeout. I disabled the global timeout for trains to make sure they will wait until they are empty before leaving a requester station.
But sometimes, my providers cannot load the requested amount of resources into a train (I'm not sure why, but I'm 90% sure it's because some deliveries timed out at some point and new trains were sent to complete the request).

That being said, it would be nice to be able to have trains with "Load X items AND 2sec inactivity OR 2sec inactivity". This would allow trains to leave provider stations even if they cannot fulfill their request, and unstuck them automatically.

Thanks for your attention, and thanks for your amazing mod. I really enjoy it and can't imagine playing without LTN now.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Request : adding a provider specific timeout

Post by Optera »

Removed leading [0.18] to avoid confusion. Maybe you meant 1.18.0?
Puke wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:54 am
But sometimes, my providers cannot load the requested amount of resources into a train (I'm not sure why, but I'm 90% sure it's because some deliveries timed out at some point and new trains were sent to complete the request).
Sounds more like you should increase delivery timeout to fix the underlying problem instead of trying to fix secondary effects.

Better to use circuit conditions.
Optera wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:26 am
Schedule circuit conditions
Adds circuit conditions to wait for red = 0 OR green ≥ 1 to all stops. Warning: All LTN stops require having "send to train" enabled and a circuit connection. Otherwise trains will be stuck waiting forever. default = false

Return to “Logistic Train Network”