Can't configure 2nd train setup

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Budda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't configure 2nd train setup

Post by Budda »

I've created my very first set of stations and created a configuration to move some items from one station to another, and park the train at the depo once the job is done.

But the 2nd one I'm trying - does not work, I'm getting an error message:
[LTN] No train to transport from "station 1" to "station 2" in networks 0x1 with length between 0 and 0 found in Depot.
I see the same error message in the "alert" icon at the bottom of the game.

Obviously, I do have a train in the depot, it has the same ID as my requesting/providing stations. It has a wagon as well.

What do I miss? Please assist.
Attachments
FactorioRequestingStation.png
FactorioRequestingStation.png (726.86 KiB) Viewed 613 times
FactorioDepot.png
FactorioDepot.png (788.12 KiB) Viewed 613 times
Last edited by Budda on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Budda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: C

Post by Budda »

Not sure if it matters, my first network has Id 4, the new one - Id 1. Configured similarly, and that's why I'm confused on what I missed.

Budda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Can't configure 2nd train setup

Post by Budda »

I found a similar post (viewtopic.php?p=551499#p551499) but it does not have much helpful information.

Nosferatu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Nosferatu »

maximum train length (optional) - maximum length of locos + wagon allowed in this station (default=0 no limit)
I think it's that: You have max train length 1 set but your train has a loco and a wagon = 2

Budda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Budda »

Nosferatu wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:31 pm
maximum train length (optional) - maximum length of locos + wagon allowed in this station (default=0 no limit)
I think it's that: You have max train length 1 set but your train has a loco and a wagon = 2
I've changed the "max train length" (already have min train length set to 1) to 2 on the receiving station and now the error message says:
[LTN] No train to transport from "station 1" to "station 2" in networks 0x1 with length between 1 and 2 found in Depot
So I don't think this is the problem. Also, earlier, when I did not have configured the min/max train length the error message said "between 0 and 0"... :(

Budda
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Budda »

After lots of experimentation and playing with my connections, I guess I have to admit that the most probable reason of my problem is a mistake in connecting my "Constant Combinator" to a station itself, not to a station's lamp.
What helped me to identify it was a lamp color: it was green when I felt it should be yellow or blue.. it sparked me to check the connection... and voila: it worked.
Another probably thing is that I feel if station is misconfigured already (wire connecting combinator is connected to a station and not lamp) the fact that you reconnect it back is not going to help: you might also trigger the train in depot to switch to manual mode and again order him to arrive to the "depot" station. It might just trigger the LTN scripts to redo the math, but maybe something else.

And one more thing: I had one of the stations on the rail that was disconnected from my rail network... dunno, maybe it actually impacted scripts in a negative way...

Anyway, it works now. Hope an additional information I've posted will help someone else to troubleshoot his issues in future!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”