Why Is there a 2s inactivity rule?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Aerospacesmith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Why Is there a 2s inactivity rule?

Post by Aerospacesmith »

I have a quick question: Why do the trains get scheduled with an "AND 2 seconds of inactivity" along with their Load/unload conditions. This makes it so that the trains pickup more than their supposed to or unload more than they need to. This means that if I request 100 Iron to be picked up, a train will go to the station and continue inserting Iron until either the chests are empty, the wagons fill up, or the 120 second timeout. Then the train goes to the drop off and because it picked up more than it needed to, there's not enough space in the drop off chests to fully empty the train.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2546 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Why Is there a 2s inactivity rule?

Post by Optera »

2s Inactivity stems from finish loading.
If you build proper stations this will prevent inserters getting stuck holding items.

Aerospacesmith
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aerospacesmith »

Right after I posted this, I found the option in Mod options to disable this behavior. Uncheck "Finish Loading" setting in Mod settings - Map - Logistic Train Network

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Optera wrote:2s Inactivity stems from finish loading.
If you build proper stations this will prevent inserters getting stuck holding items.
Except sometimes the request is for a full wagon and then inserters still get stuck because even with the 2 extra seconds the excess items simply have no place to go to.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

mrvn wrote:
Optera wrote:2s Inactivity stems from finish loading.
Except sometimes the request is for a full wagon and then inserters still get stuck because even with the 2 extra seconds the excess items simply have no place to go to.
That only means your request provide stations don't have "Locked Slots per Wagon" set accordingly to your provide station inserters/wagon and inserter stack bonus.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Thanks, have to look into that setting.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”