[1.4.10] Bug: Train send to pick up -0 iron ore

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[1.4.10] Bug: Train send to pick up -0 iron ore

Post by mrvn »

If you accidentally set the request limit to a negative number LTN will constantly dispatch trains to pick up -0 items. Might be better to show an error in that case.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bug: Train send to pick up -0 iron ore

Post by Optera »

I'll change thresholds to be absolute values in the next version.
e.g. -2k threshold will be treated as +2k threshold.

That will also allow negative request thresholds that are sorted nicely with negative item values making it easy to check which items are below the threshold at a glance.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Even better.

I just had a thought though. What about mixed stations where the ratio of goods is skewed? To make an extreme example what if I have cars and iron plates in a station? I might want a limit of 5 for cars but 1000 for iron plates.

I know you can't (sanely) have a limit for every good. But what about a limit counted in stacks? I might want a request limit of 4 stacks of coal (200 coal) or 4 stacks of wood (400 wood).

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

mrvn wrote:Even better.

I just had a thought though. What about mixed stations where the ratio of goods is skewed? To make an extreme example what if I have cars and iron plates in a station? I might want a limit of 5 for cars but 1000 for iron plates.

I know you can't (sanely) have a limit for every good. But what about a limit counted in stacks? I might want a request limit of 4 stacks of coal (200 coal) or 4 stacks of wood (400 wood).
I decided against that a while ago.
It's easier to see what LTN is doing when thresholds are using the same unit as the circuit network which is amount of items or fluid.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”