pY Coal Processing - Discussion

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.15.x] pY Coal Processing

Post by foodfactorio »

hehe secret of mana was a super nintendo game but i think i prefer secret of mushrooms aklesey :)

thanks pyanodon for the tips, i will try to improve my energy levels :) (oh the fish i grabbed a few in case of biters... am at about 10 hours in, and the map (with 2 radar) suddenly now has a bunch of biters, with 1 rather large biter base :)

during the game, i think i only found 1 bug (but the mod still seems to work ok so far), about an unknown key, and had 2 questions please :)
for the key i post a screenshot,

and 1) a quick question about Sand, is that i was not able to find anything that uses Pure Sand.... i looked in recipe (pressing e) and also in research (pressing t) but can not see where it is used... and that means should i still be sorting sand into Pure Sand, or should i instead sort it all into the other recipes (with chance of i think making rich dust and others)?

and 2) did i misunderstand the coal briquette? (i typed some text in the picture to try and explain a bit more with the relevent recipes)

(soon will be in my 11th hour with oil and sulphur tech unlocked with coal processing 2 :)
Attachments
q-coal_dust_into_briquette_recipe.png
q-coal_dust_into_briquette_recipe.png (807.3 KiB) Viewed 7377 times
bug-unknown-key-ash_separator.png
bug-unknown-key-ash_separator.png (1.3 MiB) Viewed 7377 times
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

btw greets nexela, i heared your name mentioned a few times on some arumba youtube videos :)
(he loved his angels bobs campaign, which i play on 0.14 as well, but usually when he said your name it was closley followed by a polite telling off to angel for his complex propeeny petrochems process) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Thanks for your contribution! Indeed there´s a missing locale for that recipe for ash.

About sand, you will need only sand, pure sand are used to make glass (if you had Bobs mod installed.) Since you´re playing vanilla, ignore the pure-sand production. That resource will be used in future expansions.

Coal briquette is useless as fuel, but it´s a key ingredient to craft ultra-super-critical and super-critical combustion mixture which will put any of the 3 generators at max production!! You will be swimming into energy XD

But i will turn it ok for fuel in the next release, among with other small fixes. THanks
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

ah ok thanks pyandonon, i will save all the pure sand i made so far for future, and switch over to a different recipe.
sure no problem :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

New version released with some bug fixes and more balance :D
pY Coal processing mod

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

Jaw crusher/Ore crusher conflict is resolved. :D Strange recipes from the advanced foundry are still showing up.

Unrelated, I couldn't find the pic with all the extensions from pY anymore (so possible extension, like fusion energy, alternative energy, etc.) Could you post it again?

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

romtos wrote:Jaw crusher/Ore crusher conflict is resolved. :D Strange recipes from the advanced foundry are still showing up.

Unrelated, I couldn't find the pic with all the extensions from pY anymore (so possible extension, like fusion energy, alternative energy, etc.) Could you post it again?
The stranger recipes will stay XD. About the extensions, it was for the voting where Fusion won and have its own thread now. I can provide the image but other voting will happpens only when fusion is launched. :)
pY Coal processing mod

Sir_Francis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Francis »

So does it or doesn't it require Bob's Library and Bob's Plates? I've tried installing the full dependencies for everything (listed below), and it doesn't load up because of the "Error in AssignID: item with name "wooden-board" does not exist.

Dependencies that I'm installing (this is the full list, I'm not enabling anything besides it)
Pyanodons Coal Processing
-boblibrary (listed multiple times in prerequisites, omitting redundancies)
-bobplates
--bobores
--bobtech
--bobenemies
-Bio_industries
-bobgreenhouse
-Natural_Evolution_Enemies

romtos
Inserter
Inserter

Post by romtos »

pyanodon wrote:
romtos wrote:Jaw crusher/Ore crusher conflict is resolved. :D Strange recipes from the advanced foundry are still showing up.

The stranger recipes will stay XD. About the extensions, it was for the voting where Fusion won and have its own thread now. I can provide the image but other voting will happpens only when fusion is launched. :)
I understand, I just wanted to see the image again. :)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Sir_Francis wrote:So does it or doesn't it require Bob's Library and Bob's Plates? I've tried installing the full dependencies for everything (listed below), and it doesn't load up because of the "Error in AssignID: item with name "wooden-board" does not exist.

Dependencies that I'm installing (this is the full list, I'm not enabling anything besides it)
Pyanodons Coal Processing
-boblibrary (listed multiple times in prerequisites, omitting redundancies)
-bobplates
--bobores
--bobtech
--bobenemies
-Bio_industries
-bobgreenhouse
-Natural_Evolution_Enemies

Try add bobs electronics.
pY Coal processing mod

Sir_Francis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Sir_Francis »

pyanodon wrote:Try add bobs electronics.
Yep, that did it. Thank you!

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

romtos wrote:I understand, I just wanted to see the image again. :)
pY Coal processing mod

donoya
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by donoya »

Hi, I've been playing with your mod for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. Just one question: are there any plans for upgraded crafting machines? Like how Bob's mods has different tiers of machines. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

donoya wrote:Hi, I've been playing with your mod for a few weeks now and I'm really enjoying it. Just one question: are there any plans for upgraded crafting machines? Like how Bob's mods has different tiers of machines. Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Thanks! Glad you like it. For now theres no plans to make upgraded versions of the machines for now. But who knows the future! :)
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi-tech research and petroleum handling must be some of the biggest mods especially hi-tech research
Alien life processing probably in what that it has to be similar on Angel's bio processing and on yuoki alien and farming part of yuoki mod
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi-tech research and petroleum handling must be some of the biggest mods especially hi-tech research
Alien life processing probably in what that it has to be similar on Angel's bio processing and on yuoki alien and farming part of yuoki mod

People like to think we cant do different stuff.
pY Coal processing mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

pyanodon wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Hi-tech research and petroleum handling must be some of the biggest mods especially hi-tech research
People like to think we cant do different stuff.
If people think so probably it touches you, u can do many interesting things
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi, it took about 30 hours, but i finally managed to get pretty much a stable energy base, much better than all the red or fluctuating power levels :)
(also using about 30 accumulators, and acetelyne gas + Coal Slurry in a powerhouse)

my solo game has been working pretty well now, but i seem to have gotten stuck :(
in order to progress, i need to make Science Pack 3's, but that needs an Advanced Foundry (to make part of what is needed for the Optical Fibre item), since the Foundry is needed to make NB FE Alloy....

but that Advanced Foundry seems to only get unlocked with Coal Processing level 3, and that needs Science Packs 3 to unlock? :)
ive got a save game if you need to see but i think i got stuck.
(and just when my base was improving :)
Attachments
39hBase.png
39hBase.png (2.28 MiB) Viewed 7049 times

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

in case it helps, here is a list of mods and the versions im using:

\Factorio_0.15.31\mods
pycoalprocessing_0.3.4.zip

+
arumbalights_0.14.4.zip (just makes game brighter)
bobinserters_0.15.1.zip (inserter positions)
EvoGUI_0.4.207.zip (shows some game info in corner of screen)
ItemCount_1.0.3.zip (shows me how many items im holding)
minimap-autohide_0.9.1.zip (cool but disabled as no 0.15 version available)
Squeak Through_1.1.7.zip (helps walk past buildings)
tree_collision_0.4.1.zip (helps walk past trees)
WearAndTear_1.2.12.zip (disabled for later on once i know this mod)
what-is-it-used-for_1.1.5.zip (helps to show recipe names that can Make or Use a selected item, but, unfortunately not name or icon of which machines make them) :roll:
what_is_it_used_for_15_1.0.1.zip (similar to above)

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

foodfactorio wrote:hi, it took about 30 hours, but i finally managed to get pretty much a stable energy base, much better than all the red or fluctuating power levels :)
(also using about 30 accumulators, and acetelyne gas + Coal Slurry in a powerhouse)

my solo game has been working pretty well now, but i seem to have gotten stuck :(
in order to progress, i need to make Science Pack 3's, but that needs an Advanced Foundry (to make part of what is needed for the Optical Fibre item), since the Foundry is needed to make NB FE Alloy....

but that Advanced Foundry seems to only get unlocked with Coal Processing level 3, and that needs Science Packs 3 to unlock? :)
ive got a save game if you need to see but i think i got stuck.
(and just when my base was improving :)

Oohhh.... i will check it out now. Also how can i see a bigger picture than your attachment? When i rightclick and copy link to a new page it´s still small.
pY Coal processing mod

Return to “PyMods”