BSODs, the potato finally gives in

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

swift15431
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

BSODs, the potato finally gives in

Post by swift15431 »

I don't know if Pyano did it, but my tater of a walmart laptop finally hit the BSOD wall. maxed my memory out. i dunno if it is part of the whole .17.35/36 issues, but i'm out of ram to use. all i have after a fresh WIN install is factorio with Pymods, deadlocks, AOTD, and squeakthrough. gets stuck at 95% stripe loading and BSOD..... ITS YOUR FAULT!!!!!

Prapor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: BSODs, the potato finally gives in

Post by Prapor »

Likewise. Pymod eats up all my memory when loading sprites.
Bob and angel mods don't do that

(Аналогично. Pymod съедает всю мою память при загрузке спрайтов.
Моды Боба и Ангела такого не делают)

TwentyEighty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TwentyEighty »

Maybe someone should volunteer to produce all the sprites at a lower bit depth and give to Pyanodon. Someone did this for ta miners and saved 80%

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

TwentyEighty wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 12:41 pm
Maybe someone should volunteer to produce all the sprites at a lower bit depth and give to Pyanodon. Someone did this for ta miners and saved 80%
Game is still using the same color depth in memory. It can reduce the size of them on disk but memory size after decompression is a different matter. If you have compression enabled game will compress them to runtime format. I'm not sure if compression happens during the load or they need to be loaded fully first then compressed and placed in texture.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

TwentyEighty wrote:
yes because no way i will re-render all that.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

Prapor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Prapor »

TwentyEighty wrote:
It's not exactly, but Angel + Bob give the same amount of graphics that PyMod. The depth of color here and there is 8 bits ... But Factorio with PyMod eats up all my 8 GB of RAM, whereas Angel + Bob doesn't do that and leaves me with about 2 GB of RAM.

Return to “PyMods”