Request: Localization string - recipe-description

Things that already exist in the current mod API
Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Request: Localization string - recipe-description

Post by Arch666Angel »

I would like to set descriptions to recipes. These are set automatically if the recipe has only one product from the item description, but not when the recipe has multiple products. So it would be nice to at least be able to set a description for the recipe, so one could manually add the recipes products in there.
A better solution of course would be if recipes with multiple outputs would have the same functionality they have for the inputs: One can hover over the ingredient icon and it actually show the tooltip for the item, that is not the case for products and a major thing missing to make it more consistent.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Request: Localization string - recipe-description

Post by aubergine18 »

+1
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

You can already define recipe description locale.

You just use the same description key system you do for all prototypes:

[technology-description]
technology-name=This is a description locale entry for a technology.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

hi, there is way to add description to itemgroups too?, i have a item reorganizer idea and i want to add descriptions for ease of use.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

GeekinaCave wrote:hi, there is way to add description to itemgroups too?, i have a item reorganizer idea and i want to add descriptions for ease of use.
Yes, any prototype supports the description key. Now, it might not be used visually anywhere in the game ( I don't know if groups are ).

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

Rseding91 wrote:
GeekinaCave wrote:hi, there is way to add description to itemgroups too?, i have a item reorganizer idea and i want to add descriptions for ease of use.
Yes, any prototype supports the description key. Now, it might not be used visually anywhere in the game ( I don't know if groups are ).
well, i tried [item-group-description] in the locale file and didn't work, ill guess i have to wait if its upgraded to support it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

GeekinaCave wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:
well, i tried [item-group-description] in the locale file and didn't work, ill guess i have to wait if its upgraded to support it.
We might not even show item group descriptions anywhere in the game. Where would you expect to see it anyway?

GeekinaCave
Inserter
Inserter

Post by GeekinaCave »

the idea is they show up just under the name which appear when you hover the mouse under the item-group in the inventory menu.

Return to “Already exists”