Ability to interact with a robot's inventory

Things that already exist in the current mod API
Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Ability to interact with a robot's inventory

Post by Exasperation »

I have recently run into the same problem that was encountered here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33223
There just doesn't seem to be any way to modify the properties of an item carried by a construction robot (in my case, I'm trying to modify the label property of an item-with-label). I know which robot has the item, I just can't do anything with it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Ability to interact with a robot's inventory

Post by Rseding91 »

You just use get_inventory on the robot like any other entity.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Exasperation
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Exasperation »

If you follow the link I posted, you'll see that it doesn't seem to actually work. I tried something like

Code: Select all

local inventory
for _, inv in pairs(defines.inventory) do
    inventory = event.robot.get_inventory(inv)
    if inventory then break end
end
and just got nil back, the person in the thread I linked to tried doing event.robot.get_inventory(1) and got back something that looked like an inventory but returned a piece of userdata instead of an ItemStack when they tried to access its first slot. Is this just a bug, and what we've been trying should work?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Exasperation wrote:If you follow the link I posted, you'll see that it doesn't seem to actually work. I tried something like

Code: Select all

local inventory
for _, inv in pairs(defines.inventory) do
    inventory = event.robot.get_inventory(inv)
    if inventory then break end
end
and just got nil back, the person in the thread I linked to tried doing event.robot.get_inventory(1) and got back something that looked like an inventory but returned a piece of userdata instead of an ItemStack when they tried to access its first slot. Is this just a bug, and what we've been trying should work?
get_inventory(1) does work. The event is simply called before the items are put into the robot so you won't be able to see them. The event passes the *simple-item-stack but the docks are wrong in saying it passes "LuaItemStack". I fixed the docs.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Already exists”