Persistent "apply_recipe_tint" for assembling-machine working_visualisations

Things that already exist in the current mod API
kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Persistent "apply_recipe_tint" for assembling-machine working_visualisations

Post by kirazy »

Recipes on an assembling machine are set by the player, and are always known even when the machine is idle.

Working visualisations on the other hand only apply the recipe tint when the machine is active, and turn off when the machine is idle. They do not respect always_draw = true.

I know that in context of a furnace, where the recipe is dependent on there being a raw material being smelted, there'd be no recipe to pull the tint from when the machine is idle.

But that's not true for an assembling machine, so would it be possible to have apply_recipe_tint work even when the assembling machine is idle?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Persistent "apply_recipe_tint" for assembling-machine working_visualisations

Post by posila »

kirazy wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:12 am
Working visualisations on the other hand only apply the recipe tint when the machine is active, and turn off when the machine is idle. They do not respect always_draw = true.
Did you put always_draw = true to the visualization definition table? (same table apply_recipe_tint is in) ... because somebody wanted to do the same thing on Discord this morning, I suggested to use always_draw and it worked for them.

kirazy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Persistent "apply_recipe_tint" for assembling-machine working_visualisations

Post by kirazy »

posila wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:47 am
Did you put always_draw = true to the visualization definition table? (same table apply_recipe_tint is in) ... because somebody wanted to do the same thing on Discord this morning, I suggested to use always_draw and it worked for them.
You know, it does work.

And I'm exceedingly confused because it didn't the first time I wrote the table with always_draw = true. X: Must have typo'd it or something, I guess.

Edit: lol, bizarre. I have a screenshot of it not working from when I first tested it, but I spammed CTRL+Z to return to the code as it was originally written for that screenshot and it works. .-.? Oh well.

Return to “Already exists”