Custom GUI

Things that we aren't going to implement
Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Custom GUI

Post by Nirahiel »

Hi,
i'm not sure if it's possible to do so, so I post it in interface request, please move to help if it's already possible.

I'd like to create an entity that does nothing, but have a custom right click GUI that can let an user type something in a box, and then press OK.
I need to be able to specify the length of the text typed in, either total length, or total length per line, and amount of lines.

Also I want that when the user places his cursor on this entity, the custom text is displayed in the tooltip (right of the screen).

Thanks !

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Custom GUI

Post by ficolas »

Creating GUIs is possible, creating GUIs when clicking an entity is not (I have alredy asked for it tho :3) What I have done for my mod, is opening a GUI when placing a placeable-off-grid entity with no colision on an entity.
I hope this comes soon :3 but I dont think it will (soon)

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nirahiel »

Can I make it open a custom GUI when the entity is placed then ?
And then update the entity afterwards ?

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

The first part seems entirely feasible, since the first lab you place in a game triggers the research GUI.
Couldn't really tell you either way about the 2nd part, as I'm not that familiar with the lab-research interactions, however, it seems that that method could apply to the 2nd part, as the labs have *some* interaction with the research GUI. I'm just not sure how, or if it's even a direct or indirect interaction.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Won't implement”