Mod - Ignore Requirements

Things that we aren't going to implement
Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Mod - Ignore Requirements

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I request the ability to, in them mod selection menu, to force a mod to enable, even if it's requirements are not met.

quite a few mods work fine even without some of their requirements - Most notably all of the mods that are for V14 but still work fine in V15 if you just change the version number. The ability to just test this immediately before doing a minor fix, or be able to otherwise bypass this would be appreciated.

This is a manual step, and should make it obvious that if it doesn't work when you disable the safeties, that this is not a bug, just that it won't work with the current version.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Mod - Ignore Requirements

Post by Klonan »

Ranakastrasz wrote:I request the ability to, in them mod selection menu, to force a mod to enable, even if it's requirements are not met.

quite a few mods work fine even without some of their requirements - Most notably all of the mods that are for V14 but still work fine in V15 if you just change the version number. The ability to just test this immediately before doing a minor fix, or be able to otherwise bypass this would be appreciated.

This is a manual step, and should make it obvious that if it doesn't work when you disable the safeties, that this is not a bug, just that it won't work with the current version.
If the mods dependencies are not actually required for it to work, the mod author should make them optional

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Mod - Ignore Requirements

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Klonan wrote:
Ranakastrasz wrote:I request the ability to, in them mod selection menu, to force a mod to enable, even if it's requirements are not met.

If the mods dependencies are not actually required for it to work, the mod author should make them optional
That would be great, except for the part where I am talking about outdated mods, and mods that "Require" version 0.14, and the modder isn't around anymore.

Its a non-programmer friendly thing.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Return to “Won't implement”