[Request] Expose more features for entities

Things that we aren't going to implement
misthema
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Request] Expose more features for entities

Post by misthema »

Hi!

I've been enjoying Factorio waaaaay too much already (spent playing roughly 22 hours straight few days ago, god...) and I got really interested about modding the game. Well, what I noticed, was that there's not much to do when it comes to modding. Instead, I'm able to just make addons...

So, my request is:
Expose more low-end features for entities, so it is possible to create whole new entity types with different features - in other words, create a whole new set of entities. This would include toggling default UIs opening, editing existing/creating new UIs on some entities - also, if it were possible to even get information on what entity was clicked by a player, that would be very helpful already when creating new UIs for them. I think these could be fairly easy to implement, since you only have to create this kind of data when the game starts.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
misthema

P.S. If you really want to introduce modding in your game, I suggest you higher the priority for LuaJIT implementation! ;)

P.P.S. Is this topic in the right place? :)

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Request] Expose more features for entities

Post by cube »

misthema wrote:P.P.S. Is this topic in the right place? :)
Yes, it is :)

We are already planning an entity that will be entirely lua-based -- no C++ behavior code at all. It has tiny bit larger priority than LuaJit :-).

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

cube wrote:
misthema wrote:P.P.S. Is this topic in the right place? :)
Yes, it is :)

We are already planning an entity that will be entirely lua-based -- no C++ behavior code at all. It has tiny bit larger priority than LuaJit :-).
Is this on the roadmap for a particular release or just in the general todo?

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

no release in particluar.

Return to “Won't implement”