[0.14.10] Signals flashing after built by bot [SOLVED]

Bugs that are actually features.
Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.14.10] Signals flashing after built by bot [SOLVED]

Post by Jupiter »

When I let my bots build a blueprint containing signals some signals will be flashing afterwards.

Replacing the signals afterward works (either by hand or by bot).

A bit above this station I have built the same blueprint and the exact same signals were flashing.
Last edited by Jupiter on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.10] Signals flashing after built by bot

Post by Loewchen »

Please post the save file and the .ziped mod-folder.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Loewchen wrote:Please post the save file and the .ziped mod-folder.
The blueprint in question is the single blueprint in the quickbar (not the books).

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the flashing signals are a mix of having been built before or after the rail was built (around 50/50). Maybe this is important somehow.
Attachments
mods.zip
(60.62 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
flashing signals.zip
(8.25 MiB) Downloaded 54 times

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

This is interesting:

The left signal is placed by hand. The right signal by bot.
If you watch where the signal placement markers then you'll see that I can place them directly next to the one on the right but not next to the one on the left. This indicates that the signal is not associated with the rail.

Also, the tooltip of the flashing signals says:
"Incoming block: No block
Outgoing block: No block"

Which indicates the same I guess.

Note: I said before that replacing the signals by BOT would work but it doesn't (in this case at least). Only replacing by hand works.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

You use a blueprint with only signals an then you managed to place the signals the wrong way round. Use a blueprint with rail integrated to prevent that.
NaB.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Loewchen wrote:You use a blueprint with only signals an then you managed to place the signals the wrong way round. Use a blueprint with rail integrated to prevent that.
NaB.
Uh, what are you talking about? I never placed signals on the wrong side of the track...

Yes I have a blueprint with only signals but I only used it to replace the signals that were flashing in the first place because there were a lot.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Jupiter wrote:
Loewchen wrote:You use a blueprint with only signals an then you managed to place the signals the wrong way round. Use a blueprint with rail integrated to prevent that.
NaB.
Uh, what are you talking about? I never placed signals on the wrong side of the track...

Yes I have a blueprint with only signals but I only used it to replace the signals that were flashing in the first place because there were a lot.
All the signals that are flashing are doing so because they are not connected to a rail and they are not connected to a rail because you place your BP the wrong way round, you can even see that when looking at your latest screenshot, the green signals are going west the red ones are going east.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jupiter »

Loewchen wrote:
Jupiter wrote:
NaB.

All the signals that are flashing are doing so because they are not connected to a rail and they are not connected to a rail because you place your BP the wrong way round, you can even see that when looking at your latest screenshot, the green signals are going west the red ones are going east.
Yes you are right. The signals in the big blueprint are for some reason also rotated. I kinda assumed that the signals would be facing the right way automatically when bots place them but apparently not. I'll have to fix my blueprint then :p
Thnx

Return to “Not a bug”