[0.17.11] Inserters remove Modules from Beacons

Bugs that are actually features.
Primar13
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.11] Inserters remove Modules from Beacons

Post by Primar13 »

Not sure if bug or WAI. I leave that to you to decide.

All inserter types will remove modules from beacons. I found this out when I was rotating an inserter that happened to be next to a beacon.

ManaUser
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.11] Inserters remove Modules from Beacons

Post by ManaUser »

NaB as far as I know, it's been like that for quite while.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

ManaUser wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:21 pm
NaB as far as I know, it's been like that for quite while.
Correct.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

xorpat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xorpat »

Feels like a bug, to me, too. I noticed it in similar circumstances to OP. I have been trying to imagine a scenario in which this could be useful. It's a lot like the arrangement where science packs can be passed in and out of science labs with inserters (or from lab to lab in a daisy chain arrangment, if you like that) but it makes more sense there since labs "consume" science packs whereas beacons "hold" (not consume) modules.

Things that have been wrong for quote a while are not any less wrong for their longevity. They're just mutations that Dr Darwin hasn't yet enforced his law on.

MakeItGraphic
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MakeItGraphic »

xorpat wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:48 pm
Feels like a bug, to me, too. I noticed it in similar circumstances to OP. I have been trying to imagine a scenario in which this could be useful. It's a lot like the arrangement where science packs can be passed in and out of science labs with inserters (or from lab to lab in a daisy chain arrangment, if you like that) but it makes more sense there since labs "consume" science packs whereas beacons "hold" (not consume) modules.

Things that have been wrong for quote a while are not any less wrong for their longevity. They're just mutations that Dr Darwin hasn't yet enforced his law on.
Circuit network can be set up to establish throughput and swap modules based on the needs of factory (whichever modules are best for the present circumstances). Great feature imo, endless uses.

xorpat
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xorpat »

Ah, I think I see. In scenarios where there's a bottleneck up the line, eject the speed modules and insert the efficency modules into the beacon. Reverse when energy and raw materials are bountiful - something like that?

If so, thanks for helping me understand how this truly is NaB territory.

Return to “Not a bug”