Luarendering sometimes messing up brightness

Bugs that are actually features.
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Luarendering sometimes messing up brightness

Post by ownlyme »

Before i switched to luarendering for my https://mods.factorio.com/mod/windturbines the base and the top always blended seemlessly, but now i'm randomly getting this glitch:
glitch.jpg
glitch.jpg (90.88 KiB) Viewed 593 times
i only used
draw_animation,
set_animation,
set_animation_speed,
and set_animation_offset
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Luarendering sometimes messing up brightness

Post by ownlyme »

setting the render layer to "wires-above" fixed it
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

"wires-above" is last layer below clouds shadows, so it's not a bug.

As for why cloud shadows are not in higher layer - I don't know. Person who was integrating the clouds doesn't work with us anymore and there is no explanation in comments nor commit messages why the cloud layer was added to that particular. Next two layers are ENTITY_INFO_ICON and ELECTRICITY_ICON, so I assume it was intentionally placed just under the alt-mode overlay.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

thanks for the insight :)

Return to “Not a bug”