Just crash log publishing

Bugs that are actually features.
Enliqwe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Just crash log publishing

Post by Enliqwe »

When iam running first browser opera gx/chrome, and after running factorio, on 40-55% of loading factorio crashes. And when iam playing in factorion and on second monitor parallelly watching something or surfing web in browser, factorio can crashes in randomly time. I have 2 monitors, amd rx 580 4gb video card, 8gb ram. My factorio is default w/o mods
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.35 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Just crash log publishing

Post by Loewchen »

You ran out of memory.

Enliqwe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Enliqwe »

Its not out of memory, that's new log, its when ima paying and watching video on second monitor. On screenshot u can see the process of gaming, and time when game crash, always i have 20-30% of free ram memory. Sometimes factorio rite the error window with "bad allocation". this "bad allocation" sometimes writes when iam saving the world also
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(8.45 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (2.19 KiB) Viewed 893 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Enliqwe wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:15 pm
Its not out of memory, that's new log, its when ima paying and watching video on second monitor.
This log has nothing to do with your original report. If you can reproduce the crash in the latest version of the game post the save please.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Enliqwe wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:15 pm
Its not out of memory, that's new log, its when ima paying and watching video on second monitor. On screenshot u can see the process of gaming, and time when game crash, always i have 20-30% of free ram memory. Sometimes factorio rite the error window with "bad allocation". this "bad allocation" sometimes writes when iam saving the world also
The operating system failed the request to allocate some RAM. That's "you ran out of RAM"; what task manager shows is irrelevant. The log file shows that your page file is 100% full at the time the allocation fails which says something else is going on with your computer.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Guenni7
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Guenni7 »

I ran out of memory too for two times, and it stopped after I ran chkdsk /f on all drives and set the pagefile size to manual with a higher starting size. Maybe that works for you too.

Return to “Not a bug”