[1.1.41] Biters Stop Moving or Attacking Off Screen

Bugs that are actually features.
404UnexpectedError
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.41] Biters Stop Moving or Attacking Off Screen

Post by 404UnexpectedError »

In a few different games now the majority of biters have completely stopped moving when viewed through the radar. The biters do not move or animate in any way despite being exposed to pollution from my base. The biter spawners are also frozen, that is, the breathing animation does not play.

Some biters continue to run around and group as normal, but the vast majority remain in their base, not moving. Entire bases do not raise biters attacking my base.

This is all through the radar, when I approach on foot the biters correctly animate and attack.

I tried the below command from another post

Code: Select all

/c game.forces.enemy.kill_all_units() game.player.force.rechart() game.map_settings.path_finder.general_entity_collision_penalty = 1 game.map_settings.path_finder.general_entity_subsequent_collision_penalty = 1 
This deleted all biters. The biters then respawn but remain fixed in place and do not animate. Spawners animate immediately after running the command but then quickly stop animating.

This issue is repeatable, I cannot get my save to work anymore and I have restarted two games to fix this issue.

This issue dates back to September (assume 1.1.40 and onwards) and I thought the issue had been purposely resolved. However it is appearing in new games as well as old.

Youtube video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKmv--eJUc0

TLDR - Biters appear frozen when I view them from the radar screen. When I approach they appear to reanimate. They appear non-responsive because they are not attacking despite being in the pollution zone.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(5.56 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
factorio-current.log
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Requiem 088_plastics.zip
(6.58 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
Last edited by 404UnexpectedError on Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Bugs Stop Moving

Post by Loewchen »

See 3638.

404UnexpectedError
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.41] Biters Stop Moving or Attacking Off Screen

Ok cool, that's done I think.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

This is correct behaviour. Most of the biters on map are disabled to save resources, which can look quite stupid if you look closely but that's how it works.

404UnexpectedError
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Thanks for replying. Is there any plan to improve the appearance in future? For example giving the radar view the same effect as the player entity would probably resolve the visual issue.

Also can I confirm the spawners should also not be animating in the way they are?

Lastly, this appeared to me as a bug because I noticed that all of a sudden consistent attacks had stopped. I then realised the bugs were frozen. Is there a way I can check that? When observing these bases it looks like some biters take off to group/mass while others spawn and appear frozen. What is going on here?

Thanks for reviewing.

Return to “Not a bug”