[1.1.68] Blueprint results in unconnected poles with possible connections available.

Bugs that are actually features.
Sopel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.68] Blueprint results in unconnected poles with possible connections available.

Post by Sopel »

Paste this blueprint in editor mode. 4 substations are not connected, even though they could within the pole connection limit.
2022-08-23_0.PNG
2022-08-23_0.PNG (17.36 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Manually removing these 4 substations and placing them again results in this, which is correct
2022-08-23_1.PNG
2022-08-23_1.PNG (14.38 KiB) Viewed 815 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.68] Blueprint results in unconnected poles with possible connections available.

Post by Loewchen »

So this is a blueprint containing substations that have been disconnected? What are you considering to be a bug here?

Sopel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.68] Blueprint results in unconnected poles with possible connections available.

Post by Sopel »

Hmm, now I see that pole connections are preserved in the blueprints (redoing the blueprint with correct connections preserves them on subsequent pastes). I have no idea however why the blueprint was like that, because I never disconnected any poles (and when designing it I made sure specifically for that issue not to appear), ever. Could it be because the original blueprint was old?

edit. I think the blueprint is from around 0.17

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

It could have been created with an old bugged version or simply a copy of unconnected substations, unless you can produce any incorrect copying itself I don't think there is anything wrong here.

Return to “Not a bug”