[v1.1.74] It's possible to set a deconstruction planner filtered on landfill while landfill can't be removed

Bugs that are actually features.
vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[v1.1.74] It's possible to set a deconstruction planner filtered on landfill while landfill can't be removed

Post by vangrunz »

Hello,

adding as the only thing "Landfill" on "Tiles" in a Deconstruction Planner, leaving the list mode to "Whitelist" and changing the drop box to "Only", while nothing is set in "Entities", won't let me remove any landfill tiles.

Is there any other way to remove accidentally placed landfill tiles?
Last edited by Koub on Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adapted the title to stress the actual inconsistency

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [v1.1.74] Removing Landfill via Desconstruction Planner not possible

Post by aka13 »

vangrunz wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:21 am
Hello,

adding as the only thing "Landfill" on "Tiles" in a Deconstruction Planner, leaving the list mode to "Whitelist" and changing the drop box to "Only", while nothing is set in "Entities", won't let me remove any landfill tiles.

Sorry to be the one to tell you, but it is (no idea why, I don't like it) done so on purpose.
Makes reactors, water pumps, pretty bridges a nightmare. Save, reload, do a blueprint in creative...
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by vangrunz »

Hm, the only question I ask myself why I can add a "Landfill" tile on a Deconstruction Planner if it's not inteded?

For me, it's only cosmetical, because I have a mod where I can place the Offshore Pumps everywhere. Additionally, there would be also a mod called "Water Fill", of what I've seen but not used, currently. It's quite hard not to make any mistakes while landfilling water. One spike too much in a straight edge can ruin your plan. Because land filled ground has an unique look you'll always see that this place was once water. This even stays if you put concrete on top of it and remove it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

The inability to remove landfill in vanilla is by design, this part is not a bug.

The ability to set up a deconstruction planner explicitly for deconstructing landfill while deconstructing landfill is impossible might be considered a bug though, so Ill leave this thread here.

[Koub] @OP : I'll change the subject to fit what I've just written
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [v1.1.74] It's possible to set a deconstruction planner filtered on landfill while landfill can't be removed

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Landfill can be added to the deconstruction planner because by doing so it filters which tile ghosts will be selected. Since landfill can be part of a tile ghost landfill can be in the deconstruction planner filters.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

vangrunz
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [v1.1.74] It's possible to set a deconstruction planner filtered on landfill while landfill can't be removed

Post by vangrunz »

Am I right that this landfill is one of the only scenarios where I can deconstruct only ghosts but not set tiles/entities?

So landfill seems to be the only irreversible thing in Factorio, at least known to me (apart from mining resources, unless you use mods which can make them infinite).

Nevermind, I've added a cute Waterfill mod to circumvent this issue. 8-)

Lowleackted
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lowleackted »

vangrunz wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:21 am
Hello,

You can manually deconstruct landfill tiles by selecting them and giving the deconstruction order. Simply hover over a landfill tile and press the deconstruction key (usually the right mouse button) or use the deconstruction planner to mark the landfill tiles for removal.

Removed hidden spam. boskid

Return to “Not a bug”