Confirmation for unsaved game only shown sometimes

Bugs that are actually features.
Feuermurmel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Confirmation for unsaved game only shown sometimes

Post by Feuermurmel »

When exiting the game via the "Quit game" button in the pause menu, a confirmation dialog is shown:
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 17.12.39.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 17.12.39.png (19.39 KiB) Viewed 458 times
When pressing Command-Q (on macOS), that dialog is not shown and the game quits without asking. This seems like a bug to me.

Factorio Version 1.1.80
macOS Version 12.6.5

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Confirmation for unsaved game only shown sometimes

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is not a bug. The game also won't confirm when you click the "X" in the corner for non-fullscreen or alt + F4 on windows.

As a related topic; we are disabling the command-Q shortcut in Factorio for the next release because it is too easy of a key sequence on Macs.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Feuermurmel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Confirmation for unsaved game only shown sometimes

Post by Feuermurmel »

Rseding91 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:24 pm
Thanks for the report however this is not a bug. The game also won't confirm when you click the "X" in the corner for non-fullscreen or alt + F4 on windows.
Thanks for the quick reply!

I see. I'm surprised by the fact that no confirmation is shown in those other instances as well.
Rseding91 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:24 pm
As a related topic; we are disabling the command-Q shortcut in Factorio for the next release because it is too easy of a key sequence on Macs.
That's great to hear, I already got quite frustrated after the 3rd or so time I accidentally closed the game. Will you disable Command-W too? I had to implement a workaround for that too, because I also managed to press that shortcut on accident (C is right next to W on my keyboard).

Will there still be a way to close the game on macOS without going through the menu? From what I got by reading through the forum, that's a feature that some people really like. I assume that you're keeping the menu entry for "Quit factorio" and just remove the shortcut, so that setting a custom shortcut like I have is still going to work?

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 17.42.25.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 17.42.25.png (640.8 KiB) Viewed 447 times

I also had another idea to ease the frustration a bit: Automatically create an autosave before quitting. That would mirror the behavior of most editing applications on macOS.

Return to “Not a bug”