[1.1.91] Stack Filter Inserter + Circuits: Sets filter to a signal with not-highest value.

Bugs that are actually features.
Hares
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.1.91] Stack Filter Inserter + Circuits: Sets filter to a signal with not-highest value.

Post by Hares »

Usually, when a filter inserter in a "set filters" mode receives a circuit signal, it performs the following:
  1. Filter the signals for items-only
  2. Filter the signals for positive value only
  3. Sort the result by value
  4. Take N signals with the highest values where N=5 for purple fast filter inserter and N=1 for white stack filter inserter
However, I've encountered that it's not always the case:
Screenshot from 2023-09-19 18-33-47.png
Screenshot from 2023-09-19 18-33-47.png (117.01 KiB) Viewed 401 times
Here, it receives "Mining Drill = 50", "Pump = 22", and a number of other signals. Instead of selecting Mining Drills (signal with the highest value) as the filter, it selects the pump which is 2nd highest.

I understand this might be a normal behaviour, but looks like a bug for me, especially since the "Circuit Network 377" on the right sorts signals from highest to lowest.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.91] Stack Filter Inserter + Circuits: Sets filter to a signal with not-highest value.

Post by Loewchen »

The value is irrelevant, it uses signals sorted by item ID.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.91] Stack Filter Inserter + Circuits: Sets filter to a signal with not-highest value.

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Looking into it; step 3 simply is not a thing when it comes to how the inserter set-filter logic works. It simply iterates the signals that the network has and the first N it has it uses.

However every description in the game shows them sorted by count which is where the confusion comes from.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”