[1.1.91] on_research_reversed triggers in wrong order when Unresearching multiple researches

Bugs that are actually features.
EnemySlinky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.91] on_research_reversed triggers in wrong order when Unresearching multiple researches

Post by EnemySlinky »

1. Load attached minimal mod for reproduction. It merely prints out the name of the research in any on_research_reversed and on_research_finished events and adds a simple research chain.
  2. Start a new game and go into editor mode.
  3. Force research 'technology-name.out-of-order 5' by shift clicking on the "Start research" button for 'out-of-order 5' in the tech tree. Note that the prerequisite researches are completed in order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
  4. Un-research 'technology-name.out-of-order 1' by clicking on the "Un-research" button for 'out-of-order 1' in the tech tree. Note that the events come in the wrong order (2,3,4,5,1)
Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 8.13.19 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 8.13.19 AM.png (71.77 KiB) Viewed 347 times

I expected the researches to be un-researched in order (5, 4, 3, 2, 1).
Attachments
out-of-order-research_0.0.1.zip
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
factorio-current.log
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.91] on_research_reversed triggers in wrong order when Unresearching multiple researches

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however the un-research logic in the map editor doesn't guarantee any specific order that the technologies will be un-researched in. Since technology effects are all independent un-researching any given one in any order should not matter.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”