asher_sky
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.97] get_upgrade_direction() returns the current direction for loaders

Post by asher_sky »

Steps to reproduce:
1. load a new save
2. place a loader somewhere
4. select the loader with the cursor and run the command /c game.print(game.player.selected.direction)
5. the game prints the direction
6. place a ghost loader going the opposite direction on top of the existing loader
7. select the loader (now marked with an upgrade symbol) and run the command /c game.print(game.player.selected.get_upgrade_direction())
8. the game prints the same direction as step 5

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.97] get_upgrade_direction() returns the current direction for loaders

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Loaders do not support upgrade direction. What you are triggering is some confusion of the manual builder logic that causes it to be marked to be upgraded but without specifying target and without specifying direction (because loader does not support it). That wants me to classify this as "Not a bug". Even if we would consider this to be a bug, i am not going to do anything about it because of changes already made for 2.0 (https://factorio.com/blog/post/fff-380 section "Rotating stuff"). Given that there wont be upgrade direction anymore, i would move this to "Won't fix".

In the end given that after those actions you cannot see the upgrade direction arrow inside of the to-be-upgraded circle i am going to say it is a Not a bug because your reproduction steps fails at step 6 as it does not make loader to have direction target (as mentioned previously, loaders do not support that)

Return to “Not a bug”