[1.1.100] base_producivity below -0.8

Bugs that are actually features.
KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.100] base_producivity below -0.8

Post by KiwiHawk »

Background
In the upcoming version of Angel's Refining, we are adding a new Offshore Pump that can be affected by modules. For when players need very large quantities of water. We are doing this by spawning a resource and swapping out the placed custom `offshore-pump` for our `mining-drill` entity.

We don't want mining productivity to apply to this entity. There doesn't seem to be any nice way of achieving this currently (requested separately).

The best way we could come up with to make an entity ignore mining productivity is to give is a large negative `base_productivity`.
Issue
I set the entity to have -1 base_productivity (aka -100%). I expected mining productivity would be applied once I researched T11: +110% productivity. However it started to apply as soon as I researched T9: +90% productivity.

I tried setting base_productivity to -10 (aka -1000%). The same thing happened; the entity gained a prod effect once I researched Mining productivity 9!
Unwanted_Productivity.png
Unwanted_Productivity.png (1.4 MiB) Viewed 527 times
Mining_Productivity.png
Mining_Productivity.png (53.39 KiB) Viewed 527 times
Base_Productivity.png
Base_Productivity.png (185.68 KiB) Viewed 527 times
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.100] base_producivity below -0.8

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Looking at the code it seems all effects are limited to a maximum of -80%. At this point I don't want to mess with it in 1.1 but if some other developer wants to poke at it for 2.0 they could.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.100] base_producivity below -0.8

Post by KiwiHawk »

As a minimum, it would be nice if the UI wouldn't display values less the -80%. I imagine that this should be an easy change as the minimum value could be enforced when creating the prototypes on startup.
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Return to “Not a bug”