[1.1.100] Luasurface request_to_generate_chunks() cause the game to slow significantly.

Bugs that are actually features.
heyqule
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.100] Luasurface request_to_generate_chunks() cause the game to slow significantly.

Post by heyqule »

What did you do?
I tried to run game.surface[1].request_to_generate_chunks({0,0}, 512) while working on my mods.

What happened?
That code ran, but the map generator get stuck and using significant resource which make the game not playable.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
I expected it to queue the map generator requests and run them in the background.

Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?
It always happens, on both steam and download builds

If you can reproduce the issue provide the exact steps!
1. Start a new freeplay
2. Run /c game.surfaces[1].request_to_generate_chunks({0,0}, 512)

P.S running /c game.surfaces[1].request_to_generate_chunks({0,0}, 5050) would cause the game to use all available memory(32GB) and freeze my computer when the game hits the swap lol.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (3.15 MiB) Viewed 387 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.100] Luasurface request_to_generate_chunks() cause the game to slow significantly.

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. I see no issues with LuaSurface::request_to_generate_chunks in this report. You ordered ~1000000 chunks to be generated, you get ~1000000 chunks being generated.

Return to “Not a bug”