Train Station Names

Bugs that are actually features.
Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Train Station Names

Post by Xeteth »

Just a small issue with the naming of train stations. When you open the station interface the list of stations is organised alphabetically, however if you try adding in numbers (specifically over 9) it doesn't recognise these properly. Anything that is double digits it see's as being a new 'word' I guess so the game thinks '10' is actually '1' then a '0'. (Horrible explanation I know, but the only way I could describe it :P)

For example, a list of train stations 1-10 appears like this:

Train station 1
Train station 10
Train station 2
Train station 8
Train station 9

I know it is a minor bug but it really gets to my inner OCD when playing Factorio :P

Also a small suggestion; the train window could do with a resize; it becomes rather tedious to navigate train stations when you have 100+ in the world and/or long station names;

Last edited by Xeteth on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Train Station Names

Post by sillyfly »

That's Lexicographical Ordering for you. The same thing will happen in a file browser if you have files named "file 1", "file 2", .... "file 10", "file 11".
A simple way to overcome this is to use leading zeros - name your stops "Stop 001", ... "Stop 017", etc. If you think you will have more than 1000 - use more leading zeros :D

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Train Station Names

Post by Xeteth »

sillyfly wrote:That's Lexicographical Ordering for you. The same thing will happen in a file browser if you have files named "file 1", "file 2", .... "file 10", "file 11".
A simple way to overcome this is to use leading zeros - name your stops "Stop 001", ... "Stop 017", etc. If you think you will have more than 1000 - use more leading zeros :D
You sir, are a genius. Thankyou!

Return to “Not a bug”