[12.0] No way to remove floor only

Bugs that are actually features.
Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[12.0] No way to remove floor only

Post by Ojelle »

First: Is this a bug or a missing feature? Can't make my mind up

There is no way to remove the floor only as soon as something is on top off it with bots. At this point you can either mine it yourself, or you make a lot of removal commands with a deconstruction planner and still end up removing all the flooring on wich has been built.

I have no idea if this is intended or not. I found out about this after flooring half my base and disliking the look of the concrete. All the grass sticks trough. That looks nice for me for a path about 4 wide, but it certainly isnt on a field 500x500. (in my opinion)

And another remark: a diagonal path in stone tiles looks really nice, concrete not that much (again, in my opinion). (you don't make the triangles on the edges for the smooth look)

[If you go for reallity: making it straight like the stone is easier in RL (formwork)]

Could be solved with a second deconstruction planner? One for floors and one for buildings? This way the floor doesnt get in building plans, wich is annoying too atm :)
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [12.0] No way to remove floor only

Post by kovarex »

Well, this is not really a bug, but we just didn't want to add another key binding, there are too many of those already.

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [12.0] No way to remove floor only

Post by Ojelle »

And instead of a different keybinding another deconstruction planner?
Edit: or 'natural' tiles. Sort of a grass floor. That way we get the concrete back. (and an idea, a wooden floor, finaly a use for wood)
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Return to “Not a bug”