Only Small Biters

Bugs that are actually features.
sPetersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Only Small Biters

Post by sPetersen »

Hello there! I've been playing this fantastic game since 0.6 I believe, and I love it just as much as the first time i played it, if not more.

As the majoirty I have been playing on the 0.12 update with all its new amazing features/changes for a little while now.... I am currently playing a MP game with a friend, where we have put the settings to make it as difficult as possible (Very few recources and aliens maxed out!), as we like to play the game this way.

The start was very caotic, but as the game went on it became much easier, and soon we found that the only maintenance we had to do was to refill our gun turrets and make sure we didn't run out of power. Surely the attack waves became bigger but it only consisted of small bitters and they never managed to reach our walls. We are now currently 4-5 hours ingame and we still haven't seen a SINGLE medium bitter or any spitter. We have a full production of red, green and blue science pack, tons of laser turrets aswell as a railroad going to the nearest iron mine. All this is still powered, mainly by dirty polluting steam engines. We have already swept atleast 30 spawners (both biter's and spitter's nests), and yet it seems the evolution factor isn't active or something.

I must admit i haven't read the changelog that well, but can this really be. I remmember when playing the 0.11 update you would have to fend off massive hordes of varying sized biters and spitters, but for this update, I ONLY encounter small biters. Even the spitter's nest only produce small biters.
Am I the only one with this experience?

Is this a bug? Have I made some wierd setting? Or are we simply not far enough in game yet?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Only Small Biters

Post by FishSandwich »

Can you post the save? It's interesting.

sPetersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sPetersen »

Sure.. But I've only got an older save-file. :)
Attachments
World0.12.1.zip
(6.61 MiB) Downloaded 124 times

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

From what people noticed some of evolution factors were halved in 0.12.
It might be causing what you are seeing.

Try to add evo gui mod for example and check evolution factor value. I think it was 15 or 20% to start triggering first spitters and medium biters.

sPetersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sPetersen »

Yeah... I see.... Got a little further in my own game and bam! They started comming!.... This is surely not a bug, but maybe a balance issue! MY bad! :|
IMO i think they start to appear waaaayyyy too late.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It might be part of the difficult option (Once we make it for freeplay).

Return to “Not a bug”