[0.12.3] Copy-paste smart inserters no longer connect wire

Bugs that are actually features.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.3] Copy-paste smart inserters no longer connect wire

Post by Boogieman14 »

I remember that in the past (0.11-era), I was able to copy-paste circuit conditions from one smart inserter to the next, where if the target inserter didn't have a wire connected yet, it would automatically place that wire to the same electric pole and the copy over the condition. In 0.12 this doesn't work anymore. It still places the condition (it becomes visible after manually placing a wire) but no wire.

Of course, the wire placing process is much easier now with the wiring remaining active and able to go from inserter to inserter, so it's not a big deal (may even be intended as well), but it would still save a few clicks :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.3] Copy-paste smart inserters no longer connect wire

Post by Twinsen »

Because wires can be placed in many more configurations now, many times you want to copy paste the circuit conditions without connecting the wires.

This was removed in purpose and is not a bug.

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.3] Copy-paste smart inserters no longer connect wire

Post by Flux Faraday »

Boogieman14 wrote:...wiring remaining active and able to go from inserter to inserter...
In my 12.2 game, I have rows of inserters wired together. If I take a blueprint of the row, they come out wired up. Not the same as copy/paste, but it still has nice click-saving properties.

Return to “Not a bug”