[0.12.4] Stone floor over concrete ghost retains ghost

Bugs that are actually features.
Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.4] Stone floor over concrete ghost retains ghost

Post by Boogieman14 »

When you place concrete floor ghosts in an area, then manually place stone floor in one of these spots, the concrete ghost is retained, causing the stone floor to be replaced by concrete. This works the same the other way around.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.4] Stone floor over concrete ghost retains ghost

Post by Rseding91 »

That's the intended results (working as intended). Are you saying it shouldn't work that way? Path building differs over normal entity building in that a ghost of one path type over a different path type works just fine - the old path is mined up and the new one is put down and the robot brings the old path away.

It wouldn't be difficult to change so it erases the ghost paths but I don't know if that's what most people are looking for out of it :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.4] Stone floor over concrete ghost retains ghost

Post by Boogieman14 »

Are we talking about the same situation here? In my example, there is no path yet. I placed ghosts for a concrete surface, then manually placed stone in a smaller section. Your starting point appears to be that there's an existing path where you place a ghost over. I agree that bit should work that way, but I expected placement of either over a newly placed ghost to remove the ghost :)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Return to “Not a bug”