"space" or "c" in MP game causes player to glitch

Bugs that are actually features.
maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

"space" or "c" in MP game causes player to glitch

Post by maysjw »

When hosting a MP game in head-less or player hosted games, when pressing "space" or "c" with or without enemies around causes the player to glitch backwards and any movement of the player is delayed. When releasing "space" or "C" the player glitches forward at 2x or 3x the normal speed for a second.

I'll try to get a video of it up shortly to show the issue.

Has anyone experienced this?

EDIT: video here https://vid.me/94y3

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: "space" or "c" in MP game causes player to glitch

Post by keyboardhack »

Looks like a case where latency isn't hidden.
Waste of bytes : P

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This is actually not a bug, but a result of a workaround. Once you start to fight, the latency hiding is turned off, to avoid strange confusion.

maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maysjw »

In both cases (player-hosted and head-less) I've tried multiple latency settings ranging from 100ms to 300ms with the same issue. I'm also the only one on the head-less when testing and I have a 25ms ping to the server at all times in the data center it's located in. It's not a VM it's a physical machine with plenty of power.

I've also tried with p2p and server sent messages and it didn't make a difference.

maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maysjw »

added my last post before seeing Kovarex's post.

Is there anything in the works to mitigate that issue in the future or is it something that will remain in MP?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

maysjw wrote:In both cases (player-hosted and head-less) I've tried multiple latency settings ranging from 100ms to 300ms with the same issue. I'm also the only one on the head-less when testing and I have a 25ms ping to the server at all times in the data center it's located in. It's not a VM it's a physical machine with plenty of power.

I've also tried with p2p and server sent messages and it didn't make a difference.
The power of the machine isn't related at all, just the latency settings affects it.

Return to “Not a bug”