[0.12.8?] Accumulators won't recharge.

Bugs that are actually features.
vzybilly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.8?] Accumulators won't recharge.

Post by vzybilly »

I was playing through and testing on my mod which adds a custom surface for a more resource challenging play. in base, when I set my first electric train (vzyEletricTrains) down and set it off with 8 train accumulators to power it, they all drained, not being recharged. I then took it all down and put them back, nothing, then I tested my bases accumulators (not related to vzyEletricTrains but from my accumulator mod, two level 1s) by picking them up and putting them back down, those didn't recharge either.

I then tried making a basic factorio accumulator and placing it, it also has not recharged. the only thing changed with their entity prototypes are from vzyAccumulators which sets their fast replace type.
since the basic ones are also not recharging, I put this thread in as an actual bug report and not in mod help.

I'm not to sure how to see what's wrong besides voiding parts of my factorio by removing mods, which I'm hesitant to do when none of them affect basic accumulators.

Mods & Save. I have my mods unzipped because I like to tweak them often, the zipped ones are from my mod dev copy of factorio in another folder... I'll also remove this link when this gets closed up...
Will code for Food. I also have 11+ mods!

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.8?] Accumulators won't recharge.

Post by Rseding91 »

You saw nothing...
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Rseding91 wrote:They won't charge because you don't have enough power. You need about 3x as much power as you have before your accumulators will begin to charge.
Nice to see that even Rseding91 sometimes doesn't understand the current Electric network info.
He has 3x as much power as he needs, every radar, assembler, drill and inserter is at 100% electricity and the power poles show a full green bar for demand satisfaction.
Would there be actually only 1/3 of the power, one of the bars in the electric info would be yellow or red.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

daniel34 wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:They won't charge because you don't have enough power. You need about 3x as much power as you have before your accumulators will begin to charge.
Nice to see that even Rseding91 sometimes doesn't understand the current Electric network info.
He has 3x as much power as he needs, every radar, assembler, drill and inserter is at 100% electricity and the power poles show a full green bar for demand satisfaction.
Would there be actually only 1/3 of the power, one of the bars in the electric info would be yellow or red.
I dunno what you're talking about *cough cough* ... uhhh.. i'll look into it again :P

vzybilly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vzybilly »

Rseding91 wrote:
You saw nothing...
just the four solar panels would give about 24MW of power, the steam engines (which turn off during the day because there is too much power with nothing using it) should produce about 30MW for a total power gen of about 54 MW (just a small 40MW above the needed 14MW...). I'm hoping to switch off of coal power soon but this issue kinda stops that ability...

also, yes, sometimes I get panicked when I see it not full but then I think about it and it makes sense, only 1/5 of the power is being used and the bar shows that.

side note, anyone notice that the game doesn't even count solar panels that make a ton of power? my level 20 compressed solar panels broke a power network when I was building my electric train mods...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The Electric Boiler mod is what's causing the issue. If you remove that mod everything resumes working normally.

vzybilly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by vzybilly »

it is the cause? I wonder how... anyways, I should contact the mod dev about it... probably will look into their mod tomorrow myself anyway...

also, sorry if my last post was rude or anything, I was running late to pick up my wife and now I'm on my phone... factorio is one nice hard addiction :p

Return to “Not a bug”