[0.12.8][FAIL] Not enough materiale when I actually do have.

Bugs that are actually features.
Lollipop
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.8][FAIL] Not enough materiale when I actually do have.

Post by Lollipop »

I had a funny bug today. I would like if you paid attention to the amount of iron and the recipe I'm mousing over.
bug
Here is a link to my save file, keep in mind it is active for 30 days from here on. I just took the first site I found on Google.
http://www.filedropper.com/version012

I don't know what details are required, so here we go:
  • I have researched: Automation, Optics, Steel Processing & Eletronics. I believe also in that order.
  • The currently researching tech I need the packs for is Adv. Eletronics.
  • I had alternately clicked the green science button and taken our iron plates, making each pack when I had enough for it.
  • The only changed map settings are starting area size, which is set to big, and water amounts, which is set to only in starting area.
  • Quitting and reloading the save did not fix the issue.
  • I only have 100% green science packs in my inventory. (no 99% packs or the like. 100% exact, freshly made packs)
I thought it was better to be thorough, so there we go. I hope I have contributed.

EDIT:
Oops, my fault, it was an issue with my math, not having the iron for the intermediate products. Sorry for this one...
Last edited by Lollipop on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.8] Not enough materiale when I actually do have.

Post by FishSandwich »

Seems the bug here is that the tooltip is incorrectly displaying the raw requirements.

voyta
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by voyta »

TLDR: both the inability to craft the item and the 5.5 iron cost are correct, they just don't display what the OP expects.

It's correctly displaying ingredients if all items were able to be made as one piece, but the belt recipe always creates TWO belts from one iron and one gear (3 iron in raw totals), so to create single science pack, you actually need alternating 7 and 4 iron. Which is exactly why with 6, you can't craft the first one. The 5.5 is average.

Lollipop
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lollipop »

I noticed that around three minutes after I posted it, I should really stop posting in various forums when I'm not really fresh of mind.
This bring sup the interesting question of wether or not there should be some sort of indicator as to what is required to create one if one does not have what is required in his inventory? Just a thought.

Return to “Not a bug”