Bugs that are actually features.
Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.12.15] Cannot index game.force on script.on_load

Post by Klonan »

As title
Screenshot
im not sure if its a bug or something deliberate, but this worked no problem in 0.12.0-0.12.10

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.15] Cannot index game.force on script.on_load

Post by Adil »

Well, remember the release notes
FactorioBot wrote: The callback registered in on_load function doesn't have access to the game API.
It's that.
You can only now work with your mod data during the event. Event if there are references to game objects in that your data, I believe you cannot use their api anyway.
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Adil wrote:Well, remember the release notes
FactorioBot wrote: The callback registered in on_load function doesn't have access to the game API.
It's that.
You can only now work with your mod data during the event. Event if there are references to game objects in that your data, I believe you cannot use their api anyway.
Ahh right, I must've glossed over that one, thanks for pointing it out

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Klonan wrote:
Adil wrote:Well, remember the release notes
It's that.
Ahh right, I must've glossed over that one, thanks for pointing it out
By using the on_init and on_configuration_changed (https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... on_changed), you should be able to do all you need.

on_init is for starting the game, on_configuration_changed is for updating when your mod is added, or some mod version changed (including your mod).

Return to “Not a bug”