[0.8.3 Campgain] Resources and stuff objective not tracking

Bugs that are actually features.
Virosa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.8.3 Campgain] Resources and stuff objective not tracking

Post by Virosa »

Mission 2, i believe. You need a lot of resources and you need to place them in the car since you cant hold it all in the inventory. But putting stuff in the car is not tracked for the objective.

It take quite a while to redo all the economy in the destroyed base so i didn't restart to attempt to reproduce the bug, but i suspect it may be because i picked up and then redeployed the car, the objective might not track the inventory of the car after that. Either that or its not working in the first place, again, i didn't restart to see if it track with the already spawned car, because re-researching automated train take a while.

-V

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.8.3 Campgain] Resources and stuff objective not track

Post by Nova »

You have to drive the car. If you are outside, the game doesn't recognize your stuff in the car.

This should be clarified in the mission text. I was confused, too. ^^
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I thought also first : wtf, but then I thought of course, I need to drive it, it makes no sense to stand besides.

It's a small riddle and I think it's ok to keep it like so. Or add a zone, where the player must drive, after he had filled it up, which is a bit away from its base.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

As it was already sad the game tracks only players inventory and when player enters the car also cars inventory.
I suspect that the reasony hwy the game doesn't monitor cars inventory on its own is becouse that could lead to problems if the car gets destroyed. Car no longer exists so game is trying to monitor nonexistant inventory (acces violation would be raised) and if player decides to build new car game won't know which ones inventory to monitor.

Virosa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Virosa »

Nice catch. I drive it all the time, yet i never noticed the numbers updating before. I'll blame all the Xmas time booze :P

Then indeed, not a bug, just a unclear caveat :)

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

Virosa wrote:Nice catch. I drive it all the time, yet i never noticed the numbers updating before. I'll blame all the Xmas time booze :P
Don't blame the booze. I was confused the first time I played the 2nd mision as you were and I was compleetly sober at the time :)

Return to “Not a bug”