[0.12.29] Trains Stops/Rails Not Showing On Map

Bugs that are actually features.
Wendigo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.29] Trains Stops/Rails Not Showing On Map

Post by Wendigo »

All the videos I look at and guides show train stops and their names on the map along with train rails. I'm not to sure if I am missing a control here or a mod but for me this isn't the case. Yes I am up to date as of 4/25/2016 version number 0.12.29. Image . The purple triangle you see is in fact a train, on a rail, next to a train stop. Some help would be greatly appreciated because my friend and I have a large multiplayer world with multiple train stops and it would be helpful to have this information show up on the map. I searched steam and the forums here and couldn't find anything. If in fact there is something already on these forums or steams, I apologize.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Trains Stops/Rails Not Showing On Map

Post by DaveMcW »

Something is wrong with your game. Are you using any mods?

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Could you provide the save file?
Located in %appdata%/factorio

Wendigo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wendigo »

I'm actually using quite a bit of mods...I can provide a list as well as the save.
Update: I toggled the mods off and the problem still persists, I tried to verify the cache to no avail. I will attach a save file as requested.
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
(4.26 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

i just loaded in the save without any of the mods list on the save and it still didnt show the tracks or the station on the map till i placed and item near by then it would appear. i would suggest disabling all mods and add them a few at a time till the problem reappears.

Oldhard
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Oldhard »

have this same problem
Mods

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Just tested, and the rails don't show,

However they show once you do a rechart:

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.force.rechart()
Do you have any idea what could have led to this situation?

Wendigo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Wendigo »

I turned off all my mods and input the command provided by Klonan and it worked. The stops along with the tracks were properly displayed on the map, so at this point I could assume it was one of the multiple mods I use. I started turning my mods on 5 at a time and inputting the command provided. Out of all the mods I had running the one that seemed to be the culprit is the least I expected. The mod that seems to be the one stopping stops and rails from showing is 'Natural Evolution Enemies'. So to make sure it was nothing on my part I re-downloaded the mod. Which thankfully...worked. I appreciate the help and the command line was a huge help as well. Not too sure what the actual problem was in the first place but it seems to be fixed. If you want I can provide a complete list of the mods I am using.

Edit: Will the same command work for a multiplayer game? I'm assuming the host has to input it.

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] [Pending] Trains Stops/Rails Not Showing On Map

Post by starholme »

This is a result of the Natural Evolution Enemies mod. It places the rails and stations on the biter's force, so they don't attack them. Not showing in the map is a side effect.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.29] [Pending] Trains Stops/Rails Not Showing On Map

Post by Klonan »

So i guess this wasn't a bug, but due to the fact the rails were on a different force

Return to “Not a bug”