[0.14.2] Needed Material Summary missing (accumulator)

Bugs that are actually features.
Chukles
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.14.2] Needed Material Summary missing (accumulator)

Post by Chukles »

The total number of used iron, copper and time which is displayed in the mouseover Text is missing for the accumulator .

a few other items dont have it aswell but im not sure if its caused by intermediate items or basic items.

See the Picture below:

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.2] Needed Material Summary missing (accumulator)

Post by Loewchen »

I think it only displays the primary materials if they are not all source materials like they are for the accumulator, chest, storage tank...
NaB.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Usual behavior should be to show all the raw materials up to stuff that can't be handcrafted.
Did it change recently?

Also I loaded up bob's mods game and this issue is actually pretty inconsistent.
There are 2 varieties of accumulator added by bob's mods and one of them has ingredients while vanilla and other one don't.
I attached screenshot with both - you can also see that working accumulator counts ingredients properly for same type as broken one doesn't - it simply has more of ingredients.
BrokenAccumulator.jpg
BrokenAccumulator.jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
WorkingAccumulator.jpg
WorkingAccumulator.jpg (47.58 KiB) Viewed 1561 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

orzelek wrote:Usual behavior should be to show all the raw materials up to stuff that can't be handcrafted.
Did it change recently?

Also I loaded up bob's mods game and this issue is actually pretty inconsistent.
There are 2 varieties of accumulator added by bob's mods and one of them has ingredients while vanilla and other one don't.
I attached screenshot with both - you can also see that working accumulator counts ingredients properly for same type as broken one doesn't - it simply has more of ingredients.
Maybe I am not understanding correctly but to me this still is consistent, the standard accu needs batteries and iron plates, which both are primary materials (can not be handcrafted), the bob accu takes the "basic elec. board" which can be handcrafted and therefore factorio displays the handcraft time when starting the production from primary materials by hand.
Edit: In other words if the total raw is the same as the source material than it makes no sense to display it.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Loewchen wrote:
orzelek wrote:Usual behavior should be to show all the raw materials up to stuff that can't be handcrafted.
Did it change recently?

Maybe I am not understanding correctly but to me this still is consistent, the standard accu needs batteries and iron plates, which both are primary materials (can not be handcrafted), the bob accu takes the "basic elec. board" which can be handcrafted and therefore factorio displays the handcraft time when starting the production from primary materials by hand.
Edit: In other words if the total raw is the same as the source material than it makes no sense to display it.
That would explain it :)
Not sure if thats a new behavior or I simply didn't notice it earlier.

Return to “Not a bug”