[14.22]ghost rails can not be placed over dead spawners[fixe

Bugs that are actually features.
ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[14.22]ghost rails can not be placed over dead spawners[fixe

Post by ichVII »

As written above, if you try to use a blueprint containing rails over a recently destroyed enemy base (a spawner), the rails coliding with the deceased spawner are marked red.
If you shift-click to place the blueprint anyway, it does not place those rails. Other entities are placed correctly and it is possible to handplace rails "over" dead spawners, yet the graphic actually show the rails under the deceased spawner.
This issue does stil appear for some time after the image of the deceased spawner has been removed. I used creative mode to quickly create a report save, but i did test it with no mods active as well.

Edit: This only applies for spawner, that have been killed while using the mod "creative mode".
Attachments
report.zip
Report file
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
Last edited by ichVII on Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [14.22]ghost rails can not be placed over dead spawners

Post by Klonan »

What mods are you using?

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

I did only use the Creative mode mod to quickly generate a save file. I also deactivatet al mods in a different save file and it had the same issue.

ichVII
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ichVII »

Ok, i now checked with a vanila save and it turned out, that it does not happen. It occurs exactly, when the spawner in question has been killed while using the mod "creative mode". It does however stil apply after loading a save in vanila, in which a spawner was kiled while in "creative mode".

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

ichVII wrote:Ok, i now checked with a vanila save and it turned out, that it does not happen. It occurs exactly, when the spawner in question has been killed while using the mod "creative mode". It does however stil apply after loading a save in vanila, in which a spawner was kiled while in "creative mode".
This means the mod is creating something that is interfering with the ghost placement, which is perfectly legitimate behaviour,

I suggest making a report to the mod author and he will be able to fix it

Return to “Not a bug”