[0.15.3] Cannon shells do not go through things they kill

Bugs that are actually features.
silentdeth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.3] Cannon shells do not go through things they kill

Post by silentdeth »

Cannon shells, the non-explosives one, that have not had their damage upgraded to level two or higher have a piercing effect when striking a bitter nest, passing through the nest and continuing to damage things on the other side. However, once you upgrade the damage high enough that the nest dies in one hit, the shells loose the piercing effect, and vanish when striking a nest.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.3] Cannon shells do not go though things they kill

Post by Rseding91 »

Piercing shells don't do enough damage to piece through nests - they do 300 piercing damage and a nest has 350 health.

So once you upgrade the shells it means they consume all the piercing damage on the nest and then extra damage on exploding resulting in the nest dying.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

silentdeth
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by silentdeth »

Rseding91 wrote:Piercing shells don't do enough damage to piece through nests - they do 300 piercing damage and a nest has 350 health.

So once you upgrade the shells it means they consume all the piercing damage on the nest and then extra damage on exploding resulting in the nest dying.
They pierce through nest before they have been upgraded, doing the same damage to each nest?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

silentdeth wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:Piercing shells don't do enough damage to piece through nests - they do 300 piercing damage and a nest has 350 health.

They pierce through nest before they have been upgraded, doing the same damage to each nest?
I checked and they don't. The tank with no research doesn't pierce through the nest because it only has 300 piercing damage and the nest has 350 health so it uses all the piercing damage on the nest.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”