[15.25] Not repaired object in roboport zone

Bugs that are actually features.
gogeo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[15.25] Not repaired object in roboport zone

Post by gogeo »

Hello,

I created huge ropobport network with 263 nodes, but it looks like at roboport doesn't send any drones for repair/replace objects. Even more - when I come to this arena my own drons as well do not start repair/replace it.
So only way to fix it is remove and add them again.

Maybe there is way to force recheck area and make usage of own drones automaticaly?

If needed I can provide more information.

Best regards

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [15.25] Not repaired object in roboport zone

Post by 5thHorseman »

I have to ask.

Do you have any repair packs in the network? Note: Repair packs in a roboport only work for robots to whom that port is "home" so the general suggestion is to put them in a logistic chest so any robot can use them.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Please upload the save file where you're having problems.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

gogeo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gogeo »

Hallo,
thanks for fast answers, now I suspect that due to big gap in my roboport network drones are allocated to this work - but due to long way they are too slow or just get lost :)

I noticed as well that in left-down area drons are looping there and back.
Problem with repair/replacte is in top area.

Screenshot and save uploaded.
I added repair tool into closest roboport as well as drones - it didn't work.

Thanks
Attachments
15_dluga_68.zip
save game
(27.12 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
20170630214809_1.jpg
20170630214809_1.jpg (969.94 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
20170630213616_1.jpg
20170630213616_1.jpg (947.58 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
Looping there and back
Looping there and back
20170630210200_1.jpg (2.61 MiB) Viewed 1892 times

credomane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by credomane »

Bots are dumb they attempt to take the shortest path (straight-line) from their current location to where they are needed. This results in the problem you are seeing now.

The bots that got assigned to fix that section of wall at on the complete opposite side of your logistic network and Since there is such a large gap in coverage they run out of power and return to the closest roboport which happens to be the same roboport they left. They then repeat this cycle endlessly. At the side where the repair job is no bots will attempt to repair it since some bots were already assigned to repair it even though they will never arrive. You either need fill in all the empty area with roboports or break your logistic areas up into smaller zones.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

credomane wrote:Bots are dumb they attempt to take the shortest path (straight-line) from their current location to where they are needed. This results in the problem you are seeing now.

The bots that got assigned to fix that section of wall at on the complete opposite side of your logistic network and Since there is such a large gap in coverage they run out of power and return to the closest roboport which happens to be the same roboport they left. They then repeat this cycle endlessly. At the side where the repair job is no bots will attempt to repair it since some bots were already assigned to repair it even though they will never arrive. You either need fill in all the empty area with roboports or break your logistic areas up into smaller zones.
Indeed. Thanks for the report however this is working correctly. Robots don't use any smart logic to do pathing because it would ruin performance. You need to not build L shaped or U shaped logistic networks.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”