[17.25] Equipment grid does not change when changing modular armor types if UI is open

Bugs that are actually features.
Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[17.25] Equipment grid does not change when changing modular armor types if UI is open

Post by Dev-iL »

Steps to reproduce (demonstrated in the animation below):
1) Have some sort of modular armor equipped.
2) Have another sort of modular armor in the inventory.
3) Open character inventory + modular armor UI.
4) While everything is open, take the armor from the inventory and put it in the armor slot.

Result: new armor equipped, but old armor's grid is visible.

Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [17.25] Equipment grid does not change when changing modular armor types if UI is open

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however that's working correctly. You have that exact armor open and once open it's unrelated to the inventory slot it was in when you opened it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Dev-iL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [17.25] Equipment grid does not change when changing modular armor types if UI is open

Post by Dev-iL »

Is it not supposed to be your current armor? Otherwise why make that window attached to the player inventory, and not a popup close to the armor? Something about this GUI is definitely confusing.....
Leading Hebrew translator of Factorio.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Dev-iL wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:40 pm
Is it not supposed to be your current armor? Otherwise why make that window attached to the player inventory, and not a popup close to the armor? Something about this GUI is definitely confusing.....
Nope. It's just "the armor you have open". It shows your inventory so you can add/remove equipment. That's how it has worked since equipment grids where added 6 years ago in version 0.7.0 and you're the first person I've ever heard say it was confusing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”