[0.18.1] Control settings cannot be cleared on macBook Pro

Bugs that are actually features.
Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.1] Control settings cannot be cleared on macBook Pro

Post by Sparen »

In the controls menu, it is not possible to clear key bindings on hardware lacking a right mouse, such as the macBook Pro.

In addition to this, clearing filters on the toolbar is no longer possible (?) for the same reason as there is no option to set which key is used for clearing filters. I remember this being possible in 0.17 so I might have overlooked something, however.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.1] Control settings cannot be cleared on macBook Pro

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however it is possible to right click on a Mac. If you need help I can link you a few different websites that explain how to do it.

You could also buy a mouse that has a right mouse button. Right clicking is a requirement to be able to play the game.

Alternatively if you can't do either of those you can request a refund through steam or our website.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

Right clicking is a requirement to be able to play the game.
Prior to 0.18 it was possible to access pretty much every aspect of gameplay without ever needing to right click and I've been able to play without it since 0.14. I still think it is worthwhile to enable key remapping for all gameplay functionality.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Sparen wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:51 pm
In addition to this, clearing filters on the toolbar is no longer possible (?) for the same reason as there is no option to set which key is used for clearing filters. I remember this being possible in 0.17 so I might have overlooked something, however.
It's named "Toggle filter"

Sparen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sparen »

I'll take a look. I thought I remapped every occurrence I saw of 'Right Mouse' but I may have missed one.

Thank you.

Return to “Not a bug”