[0.18.22] Rails appear to connect but can't actually connect

Bugs that are actually features.
MrBurd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.22] Rails appear to connect but can't actually connect

Post by MrBurd »

I'd like to preface that this isn't a bug based on rail laying, but more a visual discrepancy; rails that normally can't connect appear connected when overlaid by other rails.

Consider the following situation:
A crossing of four directions: north, east, south and west.

On their own, the rail from East can't actually connect to the rail to South since they are too close, and instead they display the endstops:

But when the rail from North to West is overlaid, the endstops disappear, all rails overlap and there appears to be no problem at all.

Even when using the Signal overlay, the rails seem to intersect properly.

They also appear to form a perfectly functional block.

I've tested all possible configurations, and only East to South isn't possible, the others work just fine.

It's a misleading visual bug that took me a while to understand that two of the rails can't actually connect. I first thought this was a signalling issue, but as evident from the first few screenshots without signals it's not a signal issue.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18.22] Rails appear to connect but can't actually connect

Post by Loewchen »

You created two uninterrupted overlapping connections, this is a viable placement of rail and no open track exists to place an end of track bumper. If you want a new indicator to show that not all directions are directly connected at the crossing, make a feature request. NaB.

Return to “Not a bug”