[0.18.40] Atomic explosion mark disappears according to the character's position at minimum zoom

Bugs that are actually features.
eddye
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.18.40] Atomic explosion mark disappears according to the character's position at minimum zoom

Post by eddye »

Hello, I'm playing version 0.18.40, with Krastorio 2 and other mods.

The problem is that the nuclear explosion mark disappears at minimum zoom as my character moves away from the center of the explosion (the center of the explosion is still on the screen).

1. What did you do?
I dropped a nuclear bomb and went near the explosion site, so that I can see the explosion mark on the floor

2. What happened?
When I move slightly away from the center of the explosion, the mark resulting from the explosion disappears.

3. What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Expected that the blast mark would remain fixed at the blast site and not disappear.

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/7E0M9s3
Save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6i4hbbtw300b ... y.zip?dl=1
factorio-current.log
(18.84 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Thanks!

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.40] Atomic explosion mark disappears according to the character's position at minimum zoom

Post by posila »

The mod that adds the humongous scorchmark either needs to give it appropriately large bounding box or adjust variables that control how far offscreen the game renders things. This is mod issue, not base game bug.

eddye
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.18.40] Atomic explosion mark disappears according to the character's position at minimum zoom

Post by eddye »

Oh, ok!
I thought it was from the base game due to the change in the nuclear explosion brand described in FFF 357.

Thanks for the analysis

Return to “Not a bug”