[fixed] 11.21 biter sprites with white pixels surrounding

Bugs that are actually features.
AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[fixed] 11.21 biter sprites with white pixels surrounding

Post by AnarCon »

i got this bug when i recently upgraded to 11.21
my biters sprite got white pixels surrounding em, dunno how else to describe it so i took a pic and video jsut to be sure u catch my drift
photo: http://puu.sh/hhdfF/733373f9a9.jpg
video: http://youtu.be/TBqp6UniRzI
ive gonne thro the video settings suggestion on forum and the recording is done with settings on low.
(video is still uploading and my ul is a tad slow so might not be available right after posting)
Last edited by AnarCon on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 11.21 biter sprites with white pixels surrounding them

Post by bobingabout »

I looked at the picture, my first thought was an alpha channel bug, but then why is it only affecting the biter? Then I noticed it looks "Bald", like the mask layer is missing.

So I looked at the video, my impression is that there's a corrupted graphics file.

open up the \data\base\graphics\entity\biter directory of your factorio installation and see if any of the images look corrupted.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 11.21 biter sprites with white pixels surrounding them

Post by AnarCon »

bobingabout wrote:I looked at the picture, my first thought was an alpha channel bug, but then why is it only affecting the biter? Then I noticed it looks "Bald", like the mask layer is missing.

So I looked at the video, my impression is that there's a corrupted graphics file.

open up the \data\base\graphics\entity\biter directory of your factorio installation and see if any of the images look corrupted.
cheers, located the corrupt file :D

Return to “Not a bug”