[Oxyd] [1.1.53] Construction robots in personal roboport take long to pick upgrade jobs

pebble225
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.1.53] Construction robots in personal roboport take long to pick upgrade jobs

Post by pebble225 »

This was first thought to be a problem with my mod configuration, but I have finally isolated this to a vanilla configuration. In order to recreate this bug, perform the following:

Prerequisites: Ensure that the map has no roboports placed down. Preferrably freeze time to day to let those personal solar panels cook up power.
  1. Provide the player character with MK1 power armor, 24 solar panels, MK1 personal roboport, 2 exoskeletons, and 2 MK2 batteries. Add 10 construction robots to the player's inventory. Wait until the batteries are full so that the personal roboport has plenty of power.
  2. Construct Tier 1 belts. A lot of them. Then mark all of them for upgrade to tier 2 belts. Ensure that the roboport isn't disabled. Also ensure that tier 2 belts are in player's inventory.
  3. Construction robots will struggle to work on upgrade blueprints specifically. Oddly enough if you place down tier 2 belts for normal construction, the robots do not struggle, especially when a lot of them are placed.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [1.1.53] Construction robots in personal roboport struggle specifically with upgrade blueprints.

Post by Oxyd »

I don't see anything resembling a struggle. Could you be more specific?

pebble225
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.53] Construction robots in personal roboport struggle specifically with upgrade blueprints.

Post by pebble225 »

I'm taking it you haven't been able to recreate this bug which sucks because I was certain I finally isolated it. I have no way to explain this further unfortunately other than to say that normally when a blueprint is in range of a roboport and a robot isn't currently assigned to it, you will have a flashing yellow notification over it that tells the player "robots missing for construction". That was not the case for the upgrade blueprints. Regular construction blueprints were not affected by this bug and they were able to show the flashing yellow icons which says to me that the roboport isn't "generating" work for the robots in the first place when it comes to upgrading blueprints. In other words, there appears to be an intermediate step between placing the blueprint and a robot being assigned to it where the game has to look at the tile and conclude that a robot needs to be assigned to it.

If you are unable to recreate this with the steps I listed, then I am truly out of ideas. The best I can say is that my system runs on linux. My distro is Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS x86_64. Maybe this can't be recreated in windows? That's all I can think of. I don't remember changing many in game settings and I definitely didn't mess with any of the files aside from using the in game mod manager. Even then I made it absolutely certain that none of the mods were enabled when recreating the bug. I feel certain that this has nothing to do with modding the game, but maybe even after disabling all of the mods...maybe there's a way it could have possibly messed with something? I just want to enjoy the game and it sucks that I have to manually upgrade tiles because of this. Even worse I'm afraid I might be the only person experiencing this problem which truly sucks.

pebble225
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pebble225 »

Here's a vanilla save file illustrating the problem. The top row of belts should display the problem and the bottom row of belts will not show the problem.
Attachments
whygodwhy.zip
(768.56 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like 28675, new construction jobs seem to get picked up faster than upgrades but that might be intended.

pebble225
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pebble225 »

Loewchen wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:58 pm
Looks like 28675, new construction jobs seem to get picked up faster than upgrades but that might be intended.
Even if construction jobs are getting priority over upgrade jobs, I'm still getting the same problem when construction jobs aren't present.
Attachments
upgrade belts only.zip
(736.86 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

pebble225 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:22 am
Even if construction jobs are getting priority over upgrade jobs, I'm still getting the same problem when construction jobs aren't present.
It is not necessarily priority, upgrade jobs might be in a different queue that is traversed more slowly. Now that it can be reproduced it should be easy to determine.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.53] Construction robots in personal roboport take long to pick upgrade jobs

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks for the saves, I see what you meant now. There are indeed different queues for each type of task. Since this is not a serious issue, this will be fixed in the 1.2 major release.

pebble225
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.53] Construction robots in personal roboport take long to pick upgrade jobs

Post by pebble225 »

I'm glad I was able to help. Thank you very much for your time!

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”